Alpha Leadership Academy
Afterschool Programming for At Risk Elementary Schools
Read More: Alpha Leadership Academy
- Alpha Leadership Academy tests Reading and Math skills early and often, instilling a program that keeps our kids on track.
- Improving the Parent-Child Relationship
- Alpha Leadership Academy uses uplifting, positive talk with students in our program.
- Engaging whole families encourages positive behavior both in and out of school settings.
FUNdamental Youth League
Introducing an after school program where children will improve their athletic skills, have fun and learn valuable lessons that can only come from playing in team sports.
Welcome to the Fundamental Youth League (FYL) ...giving our kids the opportunity to play “team based” sports at THEIR school while being coached by highly qualified and trained instructors.
The Highest Quality Program …
On Your Child’s School Campus
- All teams will be coached by Professional coaches - No conflicts of interest
- Supervised practice for 1.5 hours a day once a week – 2:30-4:00
- One “GAME DAY” tournament against other partner schools every month
- The League will last the length of the School Year
- Small Teams = More Playing Time = More Touches = MORE FUN
- Age division breakdown K-2nd & 3rd-5th
- Fall Season: Basketball
- Winter Season: Flag Football
- Spring Season: Flag Football
Contact Coach Mike Spicer for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More: FUNdamental Youth League Schedule
Coach Derek Locklear, the Founder and Head Coach of LGTS, wanting to target underserved high school students, from the same communities as his elementary school participants, has created a Coaches-In-Training Program.
Coach Derek with Coaches-In-Training.
Through this program, a select group of teenagers would be paid to lead, coach, and mentor a group of young children. Before becoming paid employees, potential coaches would be screened in an interview process, and subsequently trained during actual LGTS sessions.
Throughout the program, the kids learn sports skills, game rules, and life lessons such as teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership, as well as being the best they can be individually and collectively.
Young people who succumb to risk factors are often without an involved, caring adult who can offer a positive alternative. But through positive coaching and exposure
to quality, non-competitive influence, there is hope to effect
these children’s lives.
This Program Includes:
Read More: Coaches In Training
- College Prep
- Coaching Fun League
- Coaching After School Program
Elementary Physical Education (PE) Classes
Applying both the LAUSD curriculum as well as mindful teaching to create full body activities for the entire elementary school.
- Compton Ave Elementary
- Wadesworth Elementary
- Playa Vista Elementary
- Citizen of the World Elementary
Find out more about Elementary Physical Education Program
The Hope: How Donations Flow to At-Risk Children
Let's Give Them a Shot is expanding the program to go into even more schools and recreation centers. We need funding to provide coaches and equipment to these groups.